Monday, January 2, 2012

Uncharted Series

Uncharted 1: Drakes Fortune
Yes the graphics are amazing, gameplay is smooth and storyline flows, but to me this game was very bland and personally I couldn't wait to finish it for the mere fact of trading it back. This game was way too linear for my tastes and some of the gunfights were tedious and drawn out. In some instances (closer to the beginning of the game) you had to clear out 40 plus enemies with a hand gun which just got plain boring. Not to mention the hand gun was like tossing pebbles at rhinoceroses. The zombies were a nice twist... Kept me on my feet.



Bottom line for me
Game: 6
Replay Value: 0

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Ok I know I just slammed the first game, so why play the second? Well as I was researching new games to play, this game won so many damn rewards and had so many game sites that gave it a 10 (10 is rare to find) that I had to see if improvements were made. The graphics were even more detailed and amazing this game, the attention to detail was superb, some of the conversations made me laugh and Chloe is a nice upgrade from Elena in terms of looks. The gameplay is still smooth and simple, melee combat almost solely exists by tapping square but is improved from the last game with sneak modes. The storyline is terrific, but I do find myself bored in some of the drawn out gunfights, although they have improved from last game. The weapon choices are still a bit scarce for me and the enemy intelligence is minimal. Bottom line: the original landscapes and storyline always kept me guessing and it was also very challenging on normal mode. Great game, definitely worth the $20 that the game is now going for.

Game: 8
Replay Value: 5

If I decide to play 3, I will update!

No comments:

Post a Comment