Sunday, January 1, 2012

God of War

God of War 1

WOW what a game!! Whoever thought of this is a genius, you know what I mean if you actually read Greek mythology, the whole concept of it being put into a game is awesome. This game's graphics and storyline were excellent, the gameplay was smooth and the combo attacks were fun and challenging. The puzzles were just hard enough. I have no complaints with this game, it is original and well done.

Score: 9
Replay Value: 5

God of War 2

This game for me was highly anticipated and I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. It totally met my expectations in every way, and even exceeded them. The puzzles were harder, graphics even more bad ass and the bosses were a blast and very hard. It was colorful and exciting and had an even more enticing storyline. The best part was slowly being introduced to mythological characters and seeing how the game portrayed them and the role they played.

Score: 10
Replay Value: 5

God of War 3

I don't know what happened... I hated this game. I feel like I'm alone on this. In no way did this fill the void of completing the series. Kratos has always been kind of a dick, but this game made him the dick of all dicks. He just creeped me out the entire game and made me feel like I was helping a murderous rapist destroy the world. This game depressed me, everyone dies and everything is destroyed. At the end no more Gods exist and no more world exists, just chaos and wandering souls. Yes, this may be the point of the game's storyline and it wasn't supposed to be sunshine and unicorns but I just felt like the game fell short. The bosses were simpler and fewer than GOWII and the scenery was just a big loop, I was so sick of seeing the same 3 statues in the main room and hated the big cube labyrinth. It wasn't hard, it was boring and tedious. Finding Zeus as the main storyline was drawn out and the same thing as GOWII, except the battle was very underwhelming. Glad to be done with that game, if he did fall into the sea, I won't be playing Kratos a 4th time. BLAH and disappointment.

Game: 5
Replay Value: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment