Saturday, January 14, 2012

Make Love Not Warcraft- my WoW addiction

South Park has always been one of my favorite shows. Its far out ridiculousness and over the top episodes are the reason I like it so much. Well one day in my normal South Park watching routine, the episode "Make Love Not Warcraft" came on. This, my friends, this single episode, made me want to purchase this game. I had to have it, it was everything I wanted in a game, to make a customized character with special traits and abilities, the freedom to explore a whole world while being an Elf (what I always wanted to become).

We preceded to Best Buy where I purchased my treasure. I have heard countless people state "this game took two years of my life away" or "this game ruined my life" on and on... There is no way this would happen to me I thought. I have self control. HA!!! By the time I was done with this game 2 plus years later I was almost reduced to Cartman asking his mom for a bucket for him to shit into. No joke ladies and gentlemen, this game will ruin you. Why you ask? This is a game that always changes, you can never win, you can never be the best. Your equipment will always be shitty, you will never have all the best enchants or the best weapons, you will never be in the best guild or have the best group to run dungeons with, you will never beat all the raids or in my case beat any raid, and you play countless hours a day to be better or level alts just to remain shitty. Because the people with all that shit above that I just mentioned play for 18 hours a day rather than the 6 that you play.


It was such a relief to come back to regular gaming and not have 13 year old's call me a cunt and tell me to die. With regular gaming I could just be shitty and complete my games at a normal pace of 4-6 hours of video games a day. I do miss my level 85 night elf Azadeh and my level 85 human mage Nasreen and countless alts, but they are in a better place, frozen in time with Blizzard begging you to come back to them for the price of $16 a month and numerous new expansion packs to buy. Yes, sometimes I think back and miss WoW but for the most part, I am glad I broke the addiction.

Score: 10
Replayability: INFINITE

No comments:

Post a Comment