Thursday, February 9, 2012

Fable 2



Fable 2 was a pretty good game with many choices involved to create the hero of your choice. The game starts with the hero as a child as she explores the city as an orphan and rescues a dog who was being mistreated. After a traumatic event, we join the hero again as a young adult with her trusty dog she rescued by her side. The world is open to you and yours to explore. The game seems very cartoony and childish in graphics but don't be fooled, the game is very mature. You constantly have quests that you can do at your leisure and the main story line can be completed at your own speed. There are also many side quests you can undertake that require a lot of work and exploring. You can be good, bad, corrupt, pure, fat, skinny, ugly, pretty, nice, mean, funny serious... the choices are yours to make.

I found that making money in this game started very slow, I was just scraping by until the very end of the game when I could finally buy some more expensive properties. As a female character you take the short end of the stick, the selection of husbands in this game is lacking compared to the women, and everyone wants to take you to bed. It gets really annoying have people constantly want to have sex with you and follow you around like puppy dogs. Also, the female characters are lacking in the beauty department. The look like orcs, weighing in around 250 and 6 feet tall with rippling muscles and huge quads, the men barely reaching her chest in height. I like my female characters to be smokin' hot and she did not meet my standards at all, in fact as many female gamers before me put it, she was just a dude with boobs.

This game made me realize that whatever game I play I need to always have subtitles. I put around 40 hours into this game and by the end of it had no freaking idea of what was going on or the story line at all. It was ragingly loud during the fight scenes and then when the hooded chick talked I was like "WTF did she just say??" So I can't tell you much about the story line. She had three companions that were never available except in a couple of the main story lines quests, it would have been nice utilize the companions more, as they just seemed like a wasted part of the game. All in all it was good but nothing truly amazing.

Rating: 8
Replay value: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment